Here is a link to a quicker loading short version of the Newman/Haverty Challenge document in the PATH FERC case.
FERC and the power companies have designed this process very complicated. They don’t want us to understand how they are forcing all rate payers to pay for PATH. Sunshine is always the best disinfectant, and Ali and Keryn provide lots of sunshine in their formal challenge. Here is what they are asking for:
Challengers hereby respectfully request that this honorable Commission:
1) Make a determination that it will not accept PATH’s Formula Rate as filed;
2) Begin proceedings for a comprehensive audit of PATH’s Formula Rate accounts to determine compliance with all FERC regulations, and any additional obligations that may exist under PATH’s settlement agreement, 133 FERC ¶ 61,152 November 19, 2010 Docket Nos. ER08-386-000 and ER08-386-001;
3) Order PATH to disclose all information requested pursuant to the terms of the Protocols;
4) Conduct a full evidentiary hearing in order to fully develop the record with testimony that is subject to cross examination and challenge;
5) Conduct an investigation of PATH’s activities to determine whether the costs submitted to FERC are consistent with FERC’s mandate for ensuring that PATH’s Formula Rates are prudent, just and reasonable and not unduly discriminatory or preferential and serve the public interest;
6) Initiate a formal investigation into PATH’s policies and practices to determine whether there is a pattern and/or practice of wrongfully seeking ratepayer reimbursements and overrecovery of costs; and
7) Impose any and all fines, penalties and reprimands available under the Commission’s authority consistent with its findings.
That’s what they are asking FERC to do. If you want to find out what they have dug up, click on the link above to read the rest of their formal challenge.