Joe Gray interviewed me on his 7 Generations radio show on July 19. Joe has posted audio of the interview at this link.
In the interview, I refer to a number of trends and posts I have done about them on The Power Line. Here are some links below that can serve as footnotes to the interview.
- This article from The Industrial Physicist details some of the fundamental problems with a centralized electrical system.
- George Loehr, member of the executive committee of the New York Reliability Council and a national expert in electrical system reliability outlined what real reliability looks like in his testimony to the US Congress.
- Here is a link to my post on the Rocky Mountain Institute’s Reinventing Fire report.
Here is the RMI scatter plot graph that I referred to in the interview which plots age against size taken from Reinventing Fire –
- Here is a link to the Forbes article about Co-op City’s microgrid. I was wrong in my interview. I claimed the story was in the NY Times. It was in Forbes magazine.
- Here is my post on the NY PSC’s new microgrid initiative.
- Here is a link to a one pager put out by the MA Dept. of Energy Resources on its new $40 million microgrid grant program.
- Here is a post with some good links to other articles on the decline of power company investment in our state’s electrical distribution system.
- And finally, here are two posts about my experience in the derecho General Investigation at the WV PSC, here and here.
I also appeared on 7 Generations last Saturday, August 23. I’ll post a link to that interview and some more footnotes when Joe posts it on the 7 Generations site.